Are you looking for a wedding venue that is unique, sitting on the shores of a stunning lake and surrounded by the Canadian Shield? Then look no further than Science North located in Sudbury, Ontario.
Science North is one of Northern Ontario’s most popular attractions that turns into a spectacular wedding venue. The science museum is just a quick drive from Sudbury’s downtown and sits right at the edge of Ramsay Lake making it not only a great place for an incredible guest experience it also makes for some specular views and photos!
Here are my top 6 favourite places to go for couple photos during your Science North wedding.
- Bell Park – A beautiful beach right around the corner and on the waterfront of Ramsey Lake.
- Lake Laurentian Conservation Area – This conservation area is the perfect spot if you are looking for water, the Canadian Shield and being surrounded by nature this is definitely the spot for you.
- The boardwalk right outside of Science North. What is a Science North wedding without heading outside to the beautiful boardwalk that wraps around the back of the building giving both views of Lake Ramsey and the science centre.
- The Big Nickel at Dynamic Earth – The Big Nickel is quite the thing to see while in Sudbury and why not get some photos with the world’s largest coin.
- If you’re looking for a bit of an adventure that pays off with a beautiful view than take a drive out to Onaping to visit High Falls and the A.Y. Jackson Lookout.
- Rent an Airbnb on Ramsey Lake or one of the smaller lakes in the area for a great cottage vibe for both getting ready and photos.
This beautiful wedding at Science North had both the cottage vibes where Christen and her bridesmaids started off their day and then shortly after, first look and wedding party photos. Then the unique feeling of having your reception in a cavern that the walls are made of solid rock. The breeze blowing in off the lake and the summer sun set the tone for what would be a fantastic wedding day in Sudbury, Ontario.